What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

English WW1 Ammo Boxes - Help Needed for Theatre Props

chris props

Hello,

I'm a new member, and I'm hoping that some of you can give me some assistance....

I am a theatre props supervisor in London and am just starting work on the stage adaption of Sebastian Faulks novel 'Birdsong' which is opening in the West End in the Autumn. Set in the trenches for a lot of the play I need to have a lot of ammunition boxes made up to be used around the set. There are going to be a number of them on the set and I obviously want them to be as accurate as possible.

I wonder if someone has some pictures of boxes which would have been used by British Troops during WW1 and could provide me with some dimensions etc to get them made to.

(Also, if anyone has scans or images of authentic labels, that would be amazing!)

I will be back with many other questions in the next few weeks and hope that no one minds me asking!

I look forward to hearing back from you.

Chris

Birdsong

I have details of original ammunition boxes and labels for WWI. E-mail me at
aoe303 (at) btconnect (dot) com

and I will send you details.

Regards
TonyE