What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Evaporust...again

kahu1

Premium Member
Another example of Evaporust.
A lightly rusted Hispano 20mm ball proj. -before and after(1 day).
No brushing or sanding,the only thing i did to this proj. was wipe it dry.
I should get commision,but i'm very impressed with the results of this stuff.
cheers,
Bob

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 128
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 108
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 89
Is the evaporust reacting with other metals (brass, copper, aluminium, ....) and how does it behave when there is still some paint on the item???

Thanks

Luc

Is the evaporust reacting with other metals (brass, copper, aluminium, ....) and how does it behave when there is still some paint on the item?
From their website:
Evapo-Rust's website said:
[SIZE=-1][SIZE=-1]EVAPO-RUST is non-corrosive to steel and does not harm brass, copper, aluminum, gold, lead, titanium, steel, cast iron, chrome, solder points, vinyl, plastic, rubber, silicone, glass, cork, or wood. EVAPO-RUST has an indefinite shelf life* and can be used over and over until it absolutely stops working. On average, one gallon de-rusts up to 300 pounds of light to moderately rusted steel.[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
http://www.evaporust.com/evaporust.html

Is this stuff commercially available worldwide or only by order from their website? Thanks, Graeme

Hi Darkman ,

This is available in NZ at Bunnings,you know,the small Australian hardware shop!

I have found that it does tend to loosen some paints but have tried with some Chinese lacquered cases and its ok except for the undercutting by the rust.
Doesn't appear to have any effect on anything except the rust(dirty copper driving bands still come out dirty!).
They also have a similar product for aluminium but only seems to be available for commercial use so don't know how good that is.

cheers,
Bob

Thanks Bob.

Darn! I've just come back from a visit to Bunnings - I could have had a look. We have a very big Bunnings store here in Ballarat so they should have it.

Regards,

Graeme

Thanks Bob.

Darn! I've just come back from a visit to Bunnings - I could have had a look. We have a very big Bunnings store here in Ballarat so they should have it.

Regards,

Graeme

Hi,
The Australian agent is here in Cairns.

I find that I'm am always using it and have never got enough of the stuff, so buying it in a larger quanity ends up cheaper than always going back for small quanities.

It is as it says it is and works fantastic. It will though as stated soften some paints, especially a light coating of spray paint. The longer the item is left in the paint the more chance of the paint softening. Other paints tend to be unaffected. Evapo Rust is neutral PH which means that it doesn't have any residual effects like acid formulas.

The contact person in Cairns is Kylie and her email address is evaporust@bigpond.com

Here is their Australian Web Page;
http://www.evapo-rust.com.au/

Cheers,
BOUGAINVILLE

looks very effective, but this wonder-fluid seems to be not available in Central Europe.
only from overseas to get with hair-raising postage :(

Sudelmuk,

Here's the German shop:

http://extradeweb.de/produkte/produkte.html

Kees

thanks a lot, kees, will soon make my own trials with this stuff :wink:

first trial meanwhile made; treating some minor bits (caps and screws, not worth a pic, but all well rusted in different stages).
really impressive results with this 'smooth' fluid!
most important, I think, is to have always a suitable sized container by the hand to reduce the consumption of the rather expensive stuff.

in all: recommended

Last edited:
Can anyone tell what are the chemicals in this stuff?

unfortunately not, old friend.
my (German) label doesn't name any ingredients; seems to be a well protected secret of the manufacturer Daubert Cromwell :smile:
the fluid itself feels and looks like a kind of soapy water, it doesn't smell bad or aggressive.
they are writing that you may pour away the used solution in the sink !?!

in all a mysterious liquid, but it works well.

unfortunately not, old friend.
my (German) label doesn't name any ingredients; seems to be a well protected secret of the manufacturer Daubert Cromwell :smile:
the fluid itself feels and looks like a kind of soapy water, it doesn't smell bad or aggressive.
they are writing that you may pour away the used solution in the sink !?!

in all a mysterious liquid, but it works well.
You will find the Material Safety Data Sheet for EVAPO-RUST here: http://www.evaporust.com/docs/MSDS Evaporust.pdf