What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Experimental 30mm cannon info needed

MissingLink

Premium Member
Does anyone know if the 30x126 (126.5?) experimental helicopter cannon was link-fed or linkless? I've got a few of these cartridges (inert TP and dummy), but can't find anything about the feed system. I know that the 30 WECOM was link-fed...

-WRM

bdgreen: I already have those publications (and I checked them), but I decided to go over them again...and I found what I originally missed...doh!

Anyway, the 30x126 (still unsure if it's actually 30x126 or 126.5; I get conflicting answers) was used in the T182 revolver cannon, and was link-fed. The gun was made in the early 50's by Ford, Buffalo Arms and Oldsmobile, but by 1969 (1957 is when production ceased), only 6 guns remained in existence. But, it doesn't tell me which link it uses; I guess a little more digging is in order. Thanks for making me double-check my research!

-WRM

I was outbid at the last second...

-WRM

Could be worth contacting the winning bidder and asking them if they want to sell the link, if you're lucky they were after the round and not the link. Alternatively ask the seller if he has more, sometimes they do.

Dave.

Last edited: