What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Explosive Cord

Anders

Ordnance Approved/premium membership
Ordnance approved
This tin coil contains 10 grams/m of what I believe is Pentaerythritol Tetranitrate (PETN).The German equivalent to the British Cordex during W.W.II. Have any of you seen this type before and does any one know how it was packed?

Attachments

• Explosive_German_Cordex_10gram.jpg
    Explosive_German_Cordex_10gram.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 50
Last edited:
Are you sure that it is that early? A number of systems used mdf - basically a similar PETN loaded tubing for use in canopy cutting systems, etc. Your photo looks similar to some of them.

Are you sure that it is that early? A number of systems used mdf - basically a similar PETN loaded tubing for use in canopy cutting systems, etc. Your photo looks similar to some of them.
No I am not 100% sure. I guess it could be for what you are describing but I have reasons to believe that it is from the W.W.II area and of german origin. How did the German blasting cord look like, any body know?

Last edited: