What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

F1 and Foug rifle grenade.

JulienCD68

Good evening,
in the French magazine "la gazette des armes", Patrice Delhomme presents us with an F1 grenade adapted for rifle shooting with a wooden sabot.
Several grenades of this type are visible in collection, including with Foug grenade.

Is there any period documentation or old photos showing this device?

Thanks you.

Thank you.
I looked at different editions of the manual but found no reference.
I contacted the webmaster for more details.

the grenade placed in a sabot (FOUG/ CITRON )is designed to be fired with the mortar system guidietti
the only one F1 grenade for rifle is this one.
the F1 grenade with sabot , its a fake img_3311.jpgsys guidietti.jpgf1 fusil.jpg

Last edited:
Hello and thank you for your response.
Here is an article on the Guidetti launcher.
http://humanbonb.free.fr/indexGuidetti.html

Why do you think this is fake?
I have already seen this same assembly with a Foug.

As for the F1 grenade that you present, it seems simply equipped with a priming system for the 86mm Excelsior B projectile.
And is this a fake or do we know of period documents that attest to its existence?

Thanks in advance.
Have a good evening.

la F1 est plus Grande en diamètre extérieur que la VB, impossible de la placer de le tromblon..CQFD
ne confondez pas la grenade F1 et la Foug.
cordialement

the F1 is larger in outside diameter than the VB, impossible to place it from the blunderbuss..CQFD
do not confuse the F1 grenade with the Foug.
cordially

Last edited: