What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Factory marking ID needed

MarcdeB

I am restoring an Australian made C239 manufactured by SCC in 1942.
While sanding down the previous owner's coats of paint the original markings appeared. I can read all but one which is the filling factory code, filling date 7/42. I simply can't make out what letters are there. Any ideas?
0c3a6eae0536a216fa797e309392e024.jpg
b8045a15bc5f04ead83858a80857a78b.jpg

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk

Do you mean the WAC on the bottom line? There weren’t many filling factories in Australia and I’ve never heard of WAC. If the box was made in Sydney (Sydney County Council electricity), then more likely the filling factory would be MY St Mary’s, Sydney.

Do you mean the WAC on the bottom line? There weren’t many filling factories in Australia and I’ve never heard of WAC. If the box was made in Sydney (Sydney County Council electricity), then more likely the filling factory would be MY St Mary’s, Sydney.
No I meant the letters before the date 7/42 in the first photo. I have the same box with WAC 2706 filled by TH date 3/43 but on this box I can't make out what it says before the date.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Tapatalk