What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Favorite War Movies?

26) The Beast of War
27) Boys in Copmany C Thanks Jolly, I missed that one.
28)

I can't believe no ones mentioned one of my favourites! ......."ZULU" Just amazing especially now I've upgraded to a bluray copy :)

Cross of Iron, Enemy at the Gates, both excellent films.
As far as I am aware, the only Sven Hassel movie from his wonderful books was Wheels of Terror, from the film, one could really relate to the characters in the books.

Jerseymic.

Hi Waff,As far as I know there was only the one book made into a film (and I have it on video)it is a pity really as they would have made a good series of films,
Regards,Don

I also forgot these:

28) Dog Soliers
29) Wild Geese
30) Zulu, if that is the one with O'Tool in it?
31) In The heat of the night

In no particular order, Kelly's Heroes, Saving Private Ryan and The Battle of Britain are my top three. XT

Cross of iron, dir: Sam peckinpah . Paths of glory, dir: Stanley kubrick. Still wondering how the camera moved through the trenches .must see films

I forgot the beautifulest of all : Lawrence of Arabia

Yoda

(PS : after Star Wars, evidently!)

What did everybody here think of "Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence" with David Bowie? When I first saw it I liked it. I also felt bad for the movie. Almost like a sadness. NO, I didn't cry over it either so do not ask, besides it has been a while since I last saw it. Is it a fictionary account of something or fiction based on fact?