What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fellow Collectors & Friends

imaokie2000

A couple of weeks ago, I went to Landhorst to the ECRA Fair. It was great to meet all the guys I've been communicating and trading with over the years. My wife and I flew to Brussels where Geert was waiting. The next day, we were at the fair where I got to meet everyone and then went to a nice Country Restaurant for dinner that evening. A few days after the fair, we drove into France and met up with Didier Walle and he gave us a personal tour of Fort De Leveau and lunch in a local restaurant. The fort is being restored and was one of the biggest highlights of our trip. If you are ever in France, you definitely have to see this fort.

IMG_0292.jpgIMG_0294.jpgIMG_0295.jpgIMG_0296.jpg

Everyone was very hospitable and just real good people. The trip alone to meet everyone was what made the trip so good. The fair was just a bonus. These guys are Serious Collectors and extremely knowledgeable about their collections.

I didn't take pics of the Ord, but I got a couple of pics of Members I'd like to share.

Pic #1.jpg
Left - Didier Walle. Right - Geert Frissaer

Pic #2.jpg
Don't know why this pic wound up on it's side.

Going clockwise from the front:
Ruud Geurts
Geert Frissaer
Me - JR
Michel Pieters
My wife - Rena
Didier Walle
Enrico
Olaf Ogrieve

I also met Joop Jonkers for the first time and even though I see John Roks at SLICS each year, it was a pleasure to see him again also.

The way you see them in the bottom pic is the way they are. They all cut up, joke and tease each other all the time. Even with my severe case of Jet Lag, they were hilarious! I want to thank each one of them for making my wife and I feel at home so far away. I've got to say this too; They eat some weird shit over there! HAHA!

Weird shit? What's wrong with a " frikandel speciaal" or a "broodje mexicano". It's the regretfull fact that I am on quite a strict diet, but i' d love to eat it every day.... :)

Looks like a "Last Supper" sorta thing. I suspect the Police Fédérale were close at hand to keep things in order.

Didier just had major surgery within the last few days. He reports being ok for now, but we should all keep him in our prayers.

Weird shit? What's wrong with a " frikandel speciaal" or a "broodje mexicano". It's the regretfull fact that I am on quite a strict diet, but i' d love to eat it every day.... :)

Of een "kapsalon", Lekker!!!

Last edited:
Yes, very nice, but it's nicknamed a 'culinary murderweapon', as the small kapsalon allready has a 3000k cal energy value. It does really make you fat. But it shurely is very tasty.