What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finally...., starting to get organized.

MikeS0000

All WW1 Era, still have a few crates to go and some way to show what each is, but finally a start! Oh, sorry for the poor quality snaps, but I have so much stuff in the room I couldn't back up any further. :tinysmile_cry_t2:

Best Regards!
- Mike

Attachments

• 101_1222.JPG
    101_1222.JPG
    112.3 KB · Views: 172
  • 101_1223.jpg
    101_1223.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 152
  • 101_1225.jpg
    101_1225.jpg
    265.6 KB · Views: 149
Some lovely pieces there Mike.
Am I right in thinking that the 18 Pdr Shrapnel to the left of the French 75 HE still has its original paint?...
Dylan

Some lovely pieces there Mike.
Am I right in thinking that the 18 Pdr Shrapnel to the left of the French 75 HE still has its original paint?...
Dylan

Hello Dylan -

Thank you very much. Yes, you are correct, but I should have been a bit more descriptive with the photos. The shells on the right are both 18 Pdrs, with two German 105 cases behind and a French 105 to their right. The shells to the left of the 75 crate are all 75mms. French and US mix. However the tall one is a commemorative piece from the American Can Company (where three generations of my family worked) and I believe they stuffed a US 75 shell into a Russian case, or vice versa. Will have to look it up as the memory isn't working right now. :neutral:

Best regards!
- Mike

I tried that once. Getting organized. At least it looked better. Your stuff is exceptional. Very nice assortment. I'm a crate guy. That "75 G" one is the bomb.

I tried that once. Getting organized. At least it looked better. Your stuff is exceptional. Very nice assortment. I'm a crate guy. That "75 G" one is the bomb.

I'm with you on the crates....

Couple more pics of some. First pic has Gew. Gr.17 crate on the top with Gew.88 ammo crate below and a WW2 PAK88 lead lined charge box on the bottom. Generally stay with WW1 but that was at a local shop just asking to come home. Kind of like a lost puppy....

Second pic has an Italian "Mule" cartridge box on top of a German MG Box with two pole rings on each side.

Attachments

• 101_1262.JPG
    101_1262.JPG
    289.6 KB · Views: 66
  • 101_1261.jpg
    101_1261.jpg
    281.1 KB · Views: 58