What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finnish Army...

V40

This is a nice web site if you are a fan of the Finish Army and its equipment during WWII. You can forget the Pistols, Rifles, Light and Heavy Machinguns. Go straight to the anti-tank items where it is more fun. Also, they talk about one of my biggest heroes.

http://www.jaegerplatoon.net/AT_RIFLES1.htm

Very nice site!!
Thanks for the heads up!
The one group of people who understood what "fire & maneuver" actually meant!!
(by the way, do you happen to know what "noulee" is?)

E-Tech, my friend I don't have a clue on what it means. Wait, maybe it could mean a MK.000 "Special Atomic Grenade" you know, the ones that are in the movies that kill everybody in sight including the house/building they are all hiding in?

I also see that you know some of how the Finnish fought against the Russians. I have a great book here entitled "The Winter War" By Eloise Engle & Lauri Paananen.

You know to this day they still maintain that they never lost that war against the Russians. A very high moral fiber, with that the will power to over come the Russians till the last years, there commensence and Guerilla way of fighting were all the marks of an excellent fighting machine. One of my all time favorite people in this world was Larry Thorne, he wone the "Mannerhime(SP?) Cross" He then made his way to the United States were he became an alpine instructor. The he joined Special Forces (Green Beret). Then he joined SOG in Vietnam whereby the first Recon Team was about to be sent across the border. Larry went with him and carried no other weapon than his trusty Springfield M1903. He was lost somewhere in the jungle on his way back from dropping off that RT. Never heard from or seen again until a few years back whereby the Joint Recovery Task Force dug up the bodies and sent them to be positively identafied. Mr. Thorne was identified.

A very interesting site! A huge amount of information, and probably more than 100 different artillery pieces photographed, and not a single damn round of ammunition or component thereof to be found. These people seem to be living in a dream world of guns without ammunition. NO HAPPY ENDING