What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

finnish projectile fuze

jhonni \

Hi guys!
Help me with info about this head's fuze.
I've never seen early this model..

Many thanks!

Eugene.

Attachments

• Finnish projectile fuse1.jpg
    Finnish projectile fuse1.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 89
Hi Jhonni,
I'ts 81mm mortar fuze SR/33-23/31 ( copy of French Schneider-Remondy ). I can post a sectinal drawing if you need.

Diagram It would be not bad Tmine.
Very interesting wire's on the nose of head....what for?
Thanks fo info!!!
>>---------------->
Eugene.

81%20Krh%2038.jpg

(81 Krh/38)
http://www.pohjanprikaatinkilta.fi/PohPr/aseet/81KRH38.htm

Diagram It would be not bad Tmine.
Very interesting wire's on the nose of head....what for?
Thanks fo info!!!
>>---------------->
Eugene.
I'll send the drawing tomorrow. The wire is a safety pin, you'll see it in drawing.

Didn't look it carefully at first as there are 2 safety wires on tip. Then it is model SR/35-v-32/41. Otherwise they both are near similar.

Last edited:
The other object in the photo looks like a primer for a separately loading artillery gun. Is this related to the fuze?

The other object in the photo looks like a primer for a separately loading artillery gun. Is this related to the fuze?

No, it's primer-tube was find nearby with fuse in one trench...
These finds from Karelija (Karelijan front 1941-44)
:)

From the headstamp I can tell that i was made by Valtion Patruunatehdas, Lapua, Finland in 1941.

What calibre of artillery do you believe it was used for?

Here a sectional drawing of the fuze SR/35-v-32/41.
I may admit that this fuze is very hard to find in these days. When I still collected inert ordnance in the past I never had this one in collection.

The second drawing shows the primer ( I assume it must be this one as I can't find any other similar in my books ). It was used in several different field artillery guns from caliber 105mm to 203mm.

Attachments

• IMG_4106.jpg
    IMG_4106.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_4107.jpg
    IMG_4107.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 26
Nice one Eugene. If you need more diagrams of Finnish WW2 ordnance items I have plenty of manual drawings.

I'm not sure if I see it correctly but SR/33-23/31 should have only one safety pin wire.
SR/35-v-32/41 has 2 wires.