What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Finnsh M55 Lusikka

EODGUY

I am a new member and have a ton of things in my collection I hope to post at various times to see if anyone can identify or explain them. I have had this grenade for some time, but it puzzles me. It is the M55 Lusikka body, but not with the original fuze issued with it. The fuze is the modern JVA 1634. I assume everyone will jump up and say the same thing I would, that somebody just put a new fuze in an old body, but that is not the case. I have photos of the wooden crate the grenade came from with the fuzes packed in styrofoam on one layer and the grenade bodies on the bottom layer. Can anyone explain why Finland would assemble these two items at this point in time? Thanks!

Attachments

• Finnish grenade.jpg
    Finnish grenade.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Finnish grenade fuze.jpg
    Finnish grenade fuze.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 27
This is a fully official combination; M/43 grenade shell with a post war fuze - used in various fuze combinations as long as the old shells existed in stock.

Thanks

I figured they had to be legitimate loadings, but it is nice to hear it "officially". Thanks for the feedback.

Finnish Grenade

Thanks to everyone for the input. Great help to me. Can anyone give me an idea of what one of these M43/83 grenades is worth on the collectors market? The grenade body has some surface rust and the fuze is pristine. Everything totally inert. Also what is an NWM produced V-40 Practice grenade worth? Totally inert and mint condition with all the blue paint and white markings? I have a duplicate in each. Trying to decide if I will trade/sell them or section them. If I trade/sell them I want to be fair with the price.