What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

First War Era Bombs

frizzen

Here are some examples of Aircraft drop bombs from WWI era, both mechanical drop off and hand held. US, German, French and Italian.109.jpg101.jpg105.jpg467.jpg108.jpg086.jpg107.jpg102.jpg084.jpg110.jpg085.jpg087.jpg

Your Collection is wonderful - I am not surprised it took you 30 years to collect. I personally can't wait until you show us all more of your superb collection of Grenades - Bombs & Artillery Rounds. Excellent ! Thanks so much for showing us. WF

Frizzen, great images and awesome items. Do you have maybe some more detailed info on the items shown like designations and country of origin?

Here are the descriptions, left to right;
US Mechanical drop bomb made from rejected 3" artillery HE projectile. I forget the designation.
German Hand Dropped, modified Wurfgranate trench mortar projectile.
German Hand Dropped, a more sophisticated modification of the Wurfgranate.
German Standard Wurfgranate round,
German 10 kg Hand Dropped bomb
French or Belgian modified FI Frag grenade (all original color)
US Demolition HE bomb (smallest version, I think around 28 inches long, original paint and markings)
Italian Hand Dropped (practice version)
French modified Brandt type A pneumatic mortar round.
US and British Cooper HE Bomb
Detail showing the French Brandt type A bomb in the open position
German modified M1914 rifle grenade for air drop
All are WWI era

Hello Frizzen! The Nr.11 = a 1kg C.B.1 Carbonit Bomb (also FLIEGERMAUS called.) Greeting Harry

Attachments

• Scan0008.jpg
    Scan0008.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 70