What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

flare case

smle2009

Hi to all,
looking for info for the country of origin for these two flare cases,first one is a steel lacqured case with the headstamp lrv 55.
The second is a alloy case with no headstamp,my hunch on this one is Iraq?.
Photo'd with a British L5A1 1" flare for scale.
Cheers
Tony

Attachments

• P4260001.JPG
    P4260001.JPG
    35.4 KB · Views: 32
  • P4260002.JPG
    P4260002.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 33
  • P4260003.JPG
    P4260003.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 27
  • P4260004.JPG
    P4260004.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 28
Flare

Not my area Tony, but the lacquered steel case is Czech. The alloy one could be Iraqi or from any other Arabic language country, but I don't know enough about these.

Regards
TonyE

Many thanks TonyE,
I guesed Iraq as I have a 7.62x39 round with the same symbols as on the bottom right of the flare case,but also have the same on a Persian issue bayonet(numbers I believe?)

All the best Tony
P.S how is your book coming along?

Book

The answer at the moment is slowly! Because I did not manage to get to Tucson when I was in the US recently I will have to make another trip, but it will not be until later in the year. I do not want to go ahead and publish without checking the Woodin collection. However, there is still some work I can do on the book and get it finished apart from that final check.

I will keep you informed of progress...

Cheers
TonyE

Hi,

the czech steel cartridge is a single star red. This Cartridge was produced from 1948 to 1958. The manufacturer was Zeveta Bojkovice, formerly Kyser & son. The arabic cartridge is from Egypt, produced from the german manufacturer Feistel in 1970.
Hope this helps
Horst