What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For everyone that is angry at ebay...

About the title; I'm no longer angry about eBay (since I quit listing there some 2 years ago ).

BUT, I occasionally watch listings there and every time I see a similar listing to one of mine removed in the past I chech the seller. If it's a seller with high feedback rate ( a few thousands ) I report the item. If nothing happens in a couple of days I'll report again.

My apologies if I thus attend against some members here but I assure it's nothing personal but only against eBay.

These high-rated sellers are the backbone and money makers to eBay and if I in my small part can make them fed up, quit at eBay and move to alternative auctions it for sure hurts eBay :bigsmile:

ebay is fine if things go well but if something goes wrong their customer service is useless. I have two accounts, one I've had for years and a newish business account. Each account has a separate bank account. On two occassions they took the fees for the business account from the bank account of my old personal account. I complained twice. First no answer, second, they said it could not happen and there for they would not pay the money back into the wrong account. They had their money and would not look into it further. I've now removed the bank account from the old account. That should stop them!

Chocolate teapot award for ebay.

John

Terrible. But what other payments online options we have? Western Union? It is a very uncomfortable way for get the money after.

Terrible. But what other payments online options we have?

None.

There are no other options for making "fast and easy" payments.

Paypal has a Monopoly. Anyone that likes to receive or send fast payments have no other choices.

Bank wire transfers are possible, but Very expensive and inconvenient.

Ebay and Paypal are evil, and tying to take over the world.

People like myself, and others here on BOCN that enjoy "fast and easy" sending and receiving of money, need to be very careful.

If you are seller of any of Paypals so-called "banned" items like myself and others here on BOCN, NEVER mention in any of your listings that you accept Paypal for payments.

If you are a buyer, NEVER mention when you send your payments what the items are, or the item number, or "thanks for the nice hand grenade" Buyers can also get their accounts suspended permanently just like sellers.

If you don't remember to follow these "rules", your "fast and easy" option could fly out the window forever.

Paypalsucks.com is very true, and just the tip of the iceberg, they are Pure Evil.

Ebay

Ebay and paypal - USA companies " The land of the Free" ..or perhaps not!
Still can be useful sadly!

Ebay & Paypal

I agree paypal are evil and make the Gestapo look good. I have heard of gunpal to pay in the USA but not caught on here yet. I am banned on paypal for selling an inert baton round. It took them 3 months to find and ban me!!

I agree paypal are evil and make the Gestapo look good. I have heard of gunpal to pay in the USA but not caught on here yet. I am banned on paypal for selling an inert baton round. It took them 3 months to find and ban me!!

3 months to find and ban you?

Did paypal actively go back search through your listings and auction numbers or also purchases?

If they did, this is the 5th time I have personally heard of them searching old auctions numbers or purchases and banning people.

This is why I say to never have a link to them, or mention that you take paypal, and never type any auction numbers or notes. I make sure who ever sends me payments, that they understand what to do....SAY NOTHING & NO NUMBERS.

Are you permanently banned from paypal?

I made a post today with a warning about Gunpal you might want to read.

In life there's "pro & cons" to everything; the problem with Monopolies in general is the control via lack of competition etc, and not only do they know this - they abuse it to a hairline crack on the side of "legality"!

The attraction with Paypal is pure convenience - buy something - pay for it right then and there - easy / effective and fast! Beats organising for wire Xfers, international bank cheques (which all adds to the cost of the items..)

Yes in other areas they do really suck, "Buyer's protection" is a joke for low $$$ items IF you qualify, you get a refund minus the admin fee (~$45).....I had a refund for $60, ended up with $15....

Or when you convert $$ into another currency and if that transaction is say gets cancelled, you never get the exact same amount of local currency back - always less!!!

The only other downer with Paypal is that my Wife uses it (my account) and hence can see what I have been buying "quietly"...........that sucks!!!! :cry:

Cheers
Drew

The only other downer with Paypal is that my Wife uses it (my account) and hence can see what I have been buying "quietly"...........that sucks!!!! :cry:

Cheers
Drew

Now that really does Suck. :cry:

Ahhhhh.....But you can see what she is buying too. :tinysmile_twink_t:

Nothing on this earth would ever, ever, make the Gestapo look good!!!!

Andy