What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found on the beach

fashinmick

Hi we found this on our local beach,on the west coast of the Isle of Lewis,it is 470mm long and 70mm dia and is of fibreglass construction,most of the paint has worn off but you can still see a reddy brown colour at the fuze end and then greeny blue and then white,can anyone help to ID this,we do have military exercises in and around the islands,so we thought it may have come from a vessel in the area,cheers

Attachments

• josh n ducks 050.jpg
    josh n ducks 050.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 192
  • josh n ducks 051.jpg
    josh n ducks 051.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 164
  • josh n ducks 053.jpg
    josh n ducks 053.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 136
  • josh n ducks 054.jpg
    josh n ducks 054.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 130
found on the beach ( has anyone got any ideas?)

come on lads is it too hard for you does anyone have a clue:questionmark: :help:

mick

Is that an AGA which it's sitting on?
I'm afraid I can't help with I/D but am sure someone on this site will be able to help.
What temperature do you usually cook your rounds on, (joking of course).
Cheers,
navyman.

peat stove

thats not an aga its our wee peat stove in the sitting room we do all the cooking on the rayburn in the kitchen,my son thought one of you guys would know what this item was,we suspect it is a practice round,but from where?

Hi
Is what that would not be a reel of wire of ordering of P A P used by the mine clearance ?
The French national navy uses a material resembling this thing .

The Nimrod dropped the Marker Marine through its sonobuoy launcher. Instead of smoke floats the Nimrod was fitted with a Retro Launcher that fired a French made smoke float at aircraft groundspeed. It would fall more or less where the aircraft fired it.

This item was larger in the Dia, therefore it could be a variant of

Last edited: