What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Free Shells, Cases and Fuze Manuals online!

Jagd301

Just thought id let everyone on BOCN know out of interest there is a free downloads website called scribd.com where you can download PDF files, army manuals and books on artillery, cannon and mortar ammunition inc technical diagrams and data on fuzes etc. Ive allready downloaded two complete manuals of around 50 to 100 highly detailed pages and the pictures and info are just amazing and its free! Dont know if many know about this website so go and have a look. Just sign up and then put what you are after into the search category and watch in amazement, the choice of material is superb. Regards, Tim.

Well done mate! I'll get downloading now!

Tell you what guys its flippin brilliant! Theres a complete ammo manual for all ordnance 12.7mm up to 203mm giving all data on markings, loads, headstamps, fuzes and fuze data etc. Just had to let everyone know as its free! Theres just so much available its hard to know which to download first! Regards to all, Tim.

Tell you what guys its flippin brilliant! Theres a complete ammo manual for all ordnance 12.7mm up to 203mm giving all data on markings, loads, headstamps, fuzes and fuze data etc. Just had to let everyone know as its free! Theres just so much available its hard to know which to download first! Regards to all, Tim.

Got a link for that manual?

Got a link for that manual?

Best way is put scribd.com into your search engine and it will take you straight to the website then put in Army ammunition handbook and you will get a load of items you can choose and then download. Let me know how you get on and i will try and find the link for the one i downloaded.

Hello

which keywords do you use?

I found it by putting scribd.com into my search engine and it takes you direct to the site where you then put what you are after into the search category. Let me know if you have any probs and i will if i can help further. I only found it by accident the other day. Put searches in like 8 inch Howitzer shell for example and it gives option for downloading the complete US ordnance manual on everything from rifle ammo to rockets.

I found it by putting scribd.com into my search engine and it takes you direct to the site where you then put what you are after into the search category. Let me know if you have any probs and i will if i can help further. I only found it by accident the other day. Put searches in like 8 inch Howitzer shell for example and it gives option for downloading the complete US ordnance manual on everything from rifle ammo to rockets.

ok thanks i was just asking the keyword to type in the searching box of the website, not to find the website itself!

i will try your keyword, did you find any other manual?

ok thanks i was just asking the keyword to type in the searching box of the website, not to find the website itself!

i will try your keyword, did you find any other manual?

This scribd.com appears to be limitless with hundreds of variations of the ammo theme with various technical manuals available. Try this following link but you will have to sign in before you can download.

[ame]http://www.scribd.com/doc/27324757/Tm-43-0001-28-technical-Manual-army-Ammunition-Data-Sheets-artillery-Ammunition-Guns-Howitzers-Mort[/ame]

Let me know how you get on guys and you will love this stuff! Regards, Tim.

Great site, found lots of interesting information. Downloaded a few and printed them off for the files. Thanks for the tip.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Caracal,

Two of the manuals you might want are TM 43-0001-27 small arms ammo (22 rimfire through 30mm) and TM 43-0001-28 Ammunition for guns, howitzers, recoilless rifles, mortars, and grenade launchers, and their fuzes. These are the two TMs that cover current U.S. non Navy ammunition.

You can search for them by the numbers listed above, or words like "Ammunition manual", "training manual" etc.

Each search will return with up to 35 pages of titles. If you don't find what you want on the first page, click on the next page, and go through all 35 pages just to see what is available.

thanks, i have found some in french, but was wondering which keyword to use in english

Best regards