What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French Fuze

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I wanted to post this ... nice white cover.
Dia: 34-MM
Length: 146-MM
Exposed Length: 80-MM

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-JV-22-3.JPG
    ICE-JV-22-3.JPG
    225.3 KB · Views: 53
  • ICE-JV-22-4.JPG
    ICE-JV-22-4.JPG
    218.9 KB · Views: 53
  • ICE-JV-22-5.JPG
    ICE-JV-22-5.JPG
    217.4 KB · Views: 46
  • ICE-JV-22-7.JPG
    ICE-JV-22-7.JPG
    232.9 KB · Views: 53
Beehive AA fuze with gaine. I’ve not seen one with the lead cover painted white. Do you think this is original?

Yes ... I believe I read somewhere that the color indicated something. I can't remember, I need to do some digging. The interesting thing for me is I think that is the German designation on it. I could be wrong, and need to look that up as well.

Joe

MINEAZ16 ... did the white paint mean LD? I remember reading about the blue paint as well.

Joe

Official white paint for this lead cap, but this color was also used for other fuzes (so not a specific color for LD17 cover).
Yes other french fuzes could have black or blue cap (I don't know the meaning of the color code)

17.jpg17 2.jpg

Last edited:
Drawing from polish manual "część IIb Opis i utrzymywanie sprzętu i amunicji 155mm haubicy wz. 1917"

Presse-papier01.jpg

Cheers,

S.

Similar from the manual for the 100 mm 14/19 howitzer, but in color

Attachments

• 100_22pol_zz.jpg
    100_22pol_zz.jpg
    325.8 KB · Views: 18
Poland was a pre-war manufacturer of these types of fuse based on the purchase of a license by the Polish state and then handed them over to specific Polish companies.
Unlike Czechoslovakia, where French cannons, ammunition, and fuze were introduced, but a license for their production was not purchased.
Akon
---------
- wz.14/19 P
letter P - Poland -product Skoda of export version from Poland.