What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French GR MA FC F2 markings - identification of manufacturers

orpheus72

Premium Member
Today i received a French smoke grenade, a GR MA FC F2 (GRenade MAin Fume Colore, Modele F2).On the nade, i found 3 diffrent makers marks, one painted/stencilled on the side of the body (RTE), one engraved in the base of the body (PMB), and one embossed on the side of the Mle.35 fuze (SAE)

The Fuze was the easy part to determine as SAE stands for: Societe d'Armements et dEtudes alsetex, Paris

I think RTE did the filling of the smoke charge, and PMB was the manufacturer of the grenade body.

Does anyone knows who is RTE and/or PMB ?

Thanks,
Geert.

Attachments

• front.jpg
    front.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 13
  • bottom.jpg
    bottom.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 13
  • fuze side.jpg
    fuze side.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 11
Hi Orpheus,

RTE = Ets Ruggieri, Toulouse, France
Badly, I don't find something about PMB !
I think it's otherwise : if RTE is in the lot number, it must be the manufacturor of the grenade. PMB on the base must be the manufacturor of the filling, I think !

Yoda

Last edited:
Thanks Yoda.

I'm quite sure that RTE was the filler, seen the later lotnumber date! PMB was 1977 and RTE was 1979, it seems logic that the body was manufactured before it was filled.

So now just the manufacturer code PMB is still a mystery

The PMB is the maker of the body:

ETS POUTRAIT-MORIN, AUBERVILLIERS (SEINE-SAINT-DENIS)