What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French mine for positive id, please, and an odd workshop tool.

Alan1

Premium Member
Can one of our very knowledgeable French colleagues please provide me with a positive id and nomenclature for this A/T mine in section. The aluminium detonator is helpfully stamped "INERTE".
And this odd workshop tool, very much like a small lathe, turned up together with a job lot of ordnance items, but I have no idea what it is and whether or not it is ordnance related. It is heavy, and seems to be made of bronze or similar metal.
Any help much appreciated.
Alan1.DSCN0873[1].JPGDSCN0874[1].JPGDSCN0875[1].JPG

1st : Cutaway of French Mine : "Mine Anti-Char Lourde d'Infanterie" (Heavy Infantry AT Mine) with pressure fuze Model 1936 (aluminium alloy).

Last edited:
Re: the tool
Looks similar(functionally) to a (rifle)bolt jeweling jig. A bit more elaborate than mine, but yours is old, from when they used to make things better.

Morn Slick,
I do believe that you may be right!
But the maximum length that can be achieved is about 5 inches, so the bolt would need to be shorter than that or completely stripped down.
I shall progress with colleagues in the gun trade, who know far more about esoteric tools than I do.
Most grateful for helpful steer in the right direction.
Alan1