What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

French pneumatic mortar round

Pictured here is a WWI French pneumatic mortar round. This does not belong to me but the picture caught my eye and just wanted to show it. This baby has what I call eye appeal. Sure wish it was mine...Dano

Attachments

• n_a.jpg
    n_a.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 44
Hi
It's not pneumatic mortar round but a 77 mm grenade Guidetti loaded with gras cartrige in launch grenade gone up on adjustable tripod equipped with a Gras rifle cut and fixed at the base of blunderbuss

Hi
It's not pneumatic mortar round but a 77 mm grenade Guidetti loaded with gras cartrige in launch grenade gone up on adjustable tripod equipped with a Gras rifle cut and fixed at the base of blunderbuss
Hi Doctor, Thanks for the identification and I stand corrected. I guess it is not a pneumatic mortar as it was identified from my source, but a very interesting piece of ordnance nonetheless. Thanks again Doc....Dano

Guedetti round's very rare... cool stuff!
In this mortar was used and fitted French grenades "CF" with adapters... ;)

student deluxe

Thanks Jhonni, Indeed something new can be learned every day. I had errantly thought for years that this was a pneumatic mortar round. Nice to finally know what it is...many thanks to Doctor and Jhonni. For purposes of my own education could someone please post a picture of a French WWI pneumatic mortar round........Dano

Last edited:
Hi
Here
launch grenade Guidetti tripod equipped with a Gras rifle cut and on concrete bloc

Attachments

• guidetti 1.jpg
    guidetti 1.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 35
  • guidetti 2.jpg
    guidetti 2.jpg
    43.7 KB · Views: 36
More pictures from Internet and book by Delhome.

/////

Guys! Anybody know auhtor Delhome personally?
May by who know address Delhome or e-mail??
He is live??

Thanks!

Eugene.

Attachments

• Citron Foug fitted for Guidetti mortar.jpg
    Citron Foug fitted for Guidetti mortar.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 26
  • guidetti 2.jpg
    guidetti 2.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 29
  • guidetti 1.jpg
    guidetti 1.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 39
Guys! Anybody know auhtor Delhome personally?
May by who know address Delhome or e-mail??
He is live??

Hello

As I know, M. Delhomme is antique-dealer, and he's living in north of France.

I don't know more