What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze for FLG-5000? Model T-7

tube8

Please help me.
I do not know for which ammo this fuze is?

Attachments

• ZnderCzT-7 (2).JPG
    ZnderCzT-7 (2).JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 67
  • ZunderCZT-77.JPG
    ZunderCZT-77.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 76
Hy Rene,

this is an after war Russian time fuze.
For 122mm and 152mm illumnating projectiles.
Nice piece!

The FLG 5000 (and series) used the "T-7 Umg" which had it's impact feature removed.

Hi,
the T-7 was used in incendiary, illumination, shrapnel and agitation (leaflet distribution-propaganda) projectiles of the 122mm and 152mm ammunition.
Since certain year the impact feature was omitted. I think it was 1973.
You can see no UD (impact) marking on the setting ring.
The T-7 umg, was manufactured in East Germany from the Russian T-7. The impact feature was not used but the main difference is the added weight to insure the ignition of the powder train with the lower launch impulse of the rocket. From outside it is recognizable by red top of the fuze (and cap) and the safety pin holding the weight.
It was possible (but forbidden) to set the fuze for impact, the upper ring train was initiated but not the lower thus giving a malfunction. When the impact feature was disabled on the original T-7 the UD did not appear on the T-7umg.
Regards, Bob

T-7 fuzes

There is an original Russian document, which states, that the T-7 fuzes, manufactured before 1964, were issued as powder train time and impact fuzes, and all T-7 fuzes, manufactured after 1964, are powder train time fuzes only!
Mrfuze, USA

T-7umg

You are correct Mrfuze, 1964. My mistake.
I have found this picture. I think however that it is not original assembly.
Bob

Attachments

• T-7 umg 02.jpg
    T-7 umg 02.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 48