What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze for sea mine

pzgr40

Premium Member
Can anybody help me with a type designation of this sea mine fuze? It has an acid bottle inside. When the fork on the left is removed the spring pushes off the protective cap.

Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH

Attachments

• 20230819_112353.jpg
    20230819_112353.jpg
    838.2 KB · Views: 59
This chemical horn has a typical russian design (for example used on old MYAM found in Ukraine).
I don't know the official designation

Can anybody help me with a type designation of this sea mine fuze? It has an acid bottle inside. When the fork on the left is removed the spring pushes off the protective cap.

Thanks in advance,
Regards, DJH
As answered previously, an eastern-european (most likely russian) chemical contact horn and protection cap (the item at the right). The cap was jettisioned by a spring released by a hydrostatic device as the mine-cupola sunk against it's anchored depth. This was used in several systems from before WW1, not just the later Mya M mine.