What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze I.D?...

Darren

I think that this is a proximity fuze is for a 76mm round but not 100% sure?

Does anyone have a positive i.d on this fuze and any other info?

I would also be interested in seeing a diagram so i can see what is inside and whats missing from the bottom end of this fuze.

Stamped on body:

TB 76 MOD 1-NSD
9. TH. CSF 77

Thanks,
Darren

Attachments

• 001 (740 x 1588).jpg
    001 (740 x 1588).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 57
  • 003 (1472 x 1162).jpg
    003 (1472 x 1162).jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 62
  • 002 (1112 x 1138).jpg
    002 (1112 x 1138).jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 36
Hi Daren
Its a VT French fuze for 76 mm Naval artillery projectiles (T76 AH, T76 M53 or they are all alike)
The manufacturer is Thomson. CSF (TH. CSF)
Au revoir
Jean Paul

Hi Daren
Its a VT French fuze for 76 mm Naval artillery projectiles (T76 AH, T76 M53 or they are all alike)
The manufacturer is Thomson. CSF (TH. CSF)
Au revoir
Jean Paul

Thanks Jean Paul, i dont suppose that you have any diagrams of the internals do you?

Darren

Sorry Darren. :tinysmile_cry_t3:
These fuzes are too modern for me and I have no diagrams
Au revoir
Jean Paul

It is a proximity fuze electronics, naval projectile oto melara 76/62 (76x635)

Attachments

• IMG_5227.jpg
    IMG_5227.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 64
Full fuse, with its unpressurized container transport

Attachments

• IMG_5238.jpg
    IMG_5238.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 57
Full fuse, with its unpressurized container transport

Thanks for the info and very nice 76mm projectiless, I will need to look for one of those now for my fuze.

Nice complete fuze that you have there and a bonus that you have the container. I thought that mine wasn't complete, Any chance that you would have a spare bottom part that I need to complete mine? Or any idea where I might find one?

Darren

short of containing the multiplier tube is difficult to find inert.

Attachments

• IMG_5239.jpg
    IMG_5239.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 46
he problem is getting it to the UK from Spain

I can't see it being much of a problem, I have purchased complete fuzes and spare parts from all over the world and never had a problem with shipping.

I think the hardest part is trying to find one:tinysmile_cry_t:

Darren

Darren

The lower part of the fuze contained the battery, squib, and detonator. Because all 3 of those parts are a little dangerous to handle you'll seldom find a lower end intact, or even inerted as hasag said. But, basically, it is nothing more than a metal can that screws into the steel ring. It is easy to make a replica with a lathe. Ask hasag if he can give you the dimensions and thread specs and if you can find a friend with a lathe he could make one in a few hours. I have made a couple for myself. After all, that is how the originals were made.

Good luck.

Ray

Darren

The lower part of the fuze contained the battery, squib, and detonator. Because all 3 of those parts are a little dangerous to handle you'll seldom find a lower end intact, or even inerted as hasag said. But, basically, it is nothing more than a metal can that screws into the steel ring. It is easy to make a replica with a lathe. Ask hasag if he can give you the dimensions and thread specs and if you can find a friend with a lathe he could make one in a few hours. I have made a couple for myself. After all, that is how the originals were made.

Good luck.

Ray

Thanks Ray for the explanation of the lower part of the fuze, ideally I would like to find an original empty bottom tube but as a very last resort I guess a replica would be an option. Being quite modern I'm sure that there should be some about out there though.

Thanks,
Darren

In the third picture in my first post you can see into the bottom of the fuze where there are 7 pins/connectors, can anyone tell me what should be in that empty area that would connect to those pins? what part am i missing?

Thanks,
Darren

I think that will be where the battery pack goes Darren-lovely Fuze and if you need the piece made !

Thanks for the offer Chris but I have been lucky enough to get hold of an original piece (photos to follow), doubt I will be able to find a battery to fill that space so will have to be happy with the parts I have I guess.

Cheers,
Darren

Thanks for the offer Chris but I have been lucky enough to get hold of an original piece (photos to follow), doubt I will be able to find a battery to fill that space so will have to be happy with the parts I have I guess.

Cheers,
Darren
Wow that was a dashed good result Darren and so fast.
Look forward to seeing the whole thing.