What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze PD T-83

blu97

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Ordnance approved
Does anyone no on which projectiles these fuze is used on and has some more information, drawings.
Thanks Blu

P1010012.jpgP1010011.JPGP1010008.JPGP1010006.JPGP1010013.JPGP1010010.JPGP1010007.JPGP1010009.jpgHello blu97,

The U.S. T83 PD fuze was the prototype to the M85. These fuzes were used on the U.S. 57mm HE projectile. Here are a few photographs and information of my 7-44 dated fuze. I apologise for the mix up regarding photo sequence.

Best regards,

Randall

Last edited:
Shelldude, you got any spares?? I have a WHOLE bunch of T18 E2's that need sandblasting and some fuzes!! Cheers, Bruce.

P.S. Started out not far from Louisville, CO, and now reside not far from Louisville, KY. ENTIRELY DIFFERENT pronunciations!!

Hello Bruce,

The T83 fuze is the only one I have in my collection. I don't recall ever seeing another for sale. The T18E2's are themselves very difficult to come across, so at least you have half the battle taken care of. You're so right regarding the different pronunciations. Do you say LOUville or LOUIEville in Kentucky?

Best regards,

Randall

Randall, Hey, I'd be happy with an M85 or M86:tongue: As far as Louisville goes, there are six (or so) different pronunciations, Luville (short "u") being the most common, and usually 5 different opinions on how it's pronounced when 3 people are gathered but ALL of them agree that it ain't spoke as "LEWISville" or "LEWIEville". I Love my adopted state!

Thanks a lot shell dude thats the one.
I have tried to upload pictures but since I upgrded to IE 9 I cant upload pictures any more, any one else has that problem.
Thanks erik