What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuze plug?

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi i was given these two today i can only think they could be fuze plugs of some kind, the threads are about 1 3/4 dia and 1 1/4 high can anybody shed any light on them please

Attachments

• P1030472.jpg
    P1030472.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 98
  • P1030473.jpg
    P1030473.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 85
  • P1030474.jpg
    P1030474.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
Me too

I would be interested as well, I have about 15 of these and no idea what they are??

They initially reminded me of the shipping plugs used for the 40mm bofors, but your ones appear to be larger diameter ~50mm and slightly different from the bofors ones (see pics).

The other interesting point is that they do not have a base, so I don't think they were used as "shipping plugs".
Cheers
Drew

BTW - It is bad enough when you have one item that you can't ID, but when you "multiple of".............Aaaaaarrrggggggg!!!

Attachments

• Bofors.jpg
    Bofors.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 65
  • Bofors1.jpg
    Bofors1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 46
Hi Yes i know what you mean i have just checked the threads and are 44mm dia and 23mm deep could they be for a mortar of some kind?
Andy

Just thought i would Bump this one has anybody got any ideas? its made from Maizac if that's any help
Cheers
Andy

I am still trying to find out what this is used for so bumped this one more time then its in the spares box.
Andy