What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German (17) clock keys

Still another another position key for 89 B

Attachments

• 235.JPG
    235.JPG
    121.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 236.JPG
    236.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 31
Hi Harry
Ive actually seen one of these are these pictures from Waffen Revue ?

Hi Paul
My winder is asctually stamped (56) but has the same markings as the (17) tool has

Hmmm,i wonder if thats the waff inspectors number?

I have a few luftwaffe items carrying that number.

best

waff

Hi Paul
No this is the fuze type number circled in red filled ink , the same as the (17) clock setting tool has its fuze number marked in a circle . thats the reason i have a great interest in the (56 )fuze which never had a clockwork mechanism to wind up

I dunno Steve as it sounds kind of odd to have a key for the 56 fuze which doesn`t wind up? ;)

cheers

waff

hi paul
that what makes it very interesting , one day the mstery will unfold as to why it was marked (56)

Odds on for inspectors number!

Back to the clocks...That set of mine went in yesterday to the watchmaker,he was very impressed with the condition of them after all these years.
He suggested that i just leave them as they are with no stripping or oiling the springs as why mend them if not broken?
I asked him to knock up a winder for me,i may need a close up of your if poss?

best
waff

Last edited:
Hi Paul
I can take a close up picture of the winding key , but do think it will be of any use your clockmaker will need to see the actual cog , to get the correct pitch of the splines
The manufacturer of the Time setting key is Bp = Gosel and Co Feinmechan, werkstatte, Glashutte

And the german stock number is FL53546