What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 2cm ID 4

MINENAZ16

Ordnance approved
The last.
It's the first time I see such a double color band yellow and red.
Fitted with a screwed tracer but no transmission hole so tracer could not initiate the filling (I don't know what is the filling for the moment).

IMG_0848.JPGIMG_0851.jpg

I found in a french doc similar bands on Pzgr L'spur Ph (white phosphorus) or Pzgr L'spur O (inert filling, empty or weighted)
I will check on monday but markings (opposite sides) could be white "O" (Remnants of "P" ??).
2cm2.jpg1.jpg2.jpg

2cm1.jpg

Last edited:
"O" = Ohne Ladung, best translation to English: devoid of charge = no energetic components (other than the tracer). I do have doubts about the red band over the yellow one. This is a legit combination (have one in my collection), however the red band looks like it was added with a brush.
Would be VERY intersted in seeing good pictures of a plain yellow band "O" marked projectile.

Ok, I checked this morning, inert filling : 3 steel closing discs after the tracer. Then a ballast molded in a kind of compressed powder (color dirty white).

Last edited:
Hello,

The off-white filler is probably a mixture of sulphur and fine sand, see the sentence right above "code couleur".. FLADIA03.jpg

Last edited:
the french text I have

2cm.jpg

I broke the inert molded filling to the see consistency (external dirty white, internal light frey)

lest.jpg

Nice! Do you think the off White colour is due to a chemical change, or could it be a coating (i.e. to prevent corrosion inside the projectiles cavity)?

Greetz, Menno.

I guess there has been some special treatment on the outside as it is very smooth and dirty white while the inside is gray and grainy

inside.jpg

So is it eventually known, what this combination of yellow and red bands actually mean? Is it perhaps a variation of tropical marking?