What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 3.7cm FLaK case

waffenamt

Been looking for one of these for a while.
I kept buying bloody PaK cases,so was pleased to get this one through the post this week. :)
It needs a little TLC on the neck to put the proj back in but it was the best of the bunch available.The neck being dented inwards rather than out and the proj being 'wobbly'.
It came with this nice cardboard tube too!
cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7005439.jpg
    S7005439.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 50
  • S7005440.jpg
    S7005440.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 95
  • S7005443.jpg
    S7005443.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 73
  • S7005444.jpg
    S7005444.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 46
  • S7005445.jpg
    S7005445.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 46
Nice case,Waff,is it the brass coated steel version? I have some idea in the back of my mind that the early brass cases were also stamped 3.7cm.I got a very nice early two banded proj from Rrickoshae about 3 months ago,I've been looking for a case for it ever since.It does need to be a brass one though,and they seem to be rather scarce.If you spot one anywhere perhaps you could let me know.
Regards Chris.

Hi Chris,
Im pleased to report that it is solid brass(just tried the magnet test).
I will be seeing the seller again at Stoneleigh and will see if he has anymore left?
The ones he had were with the neck flared a bit but should be repaired easily?

best

waff

Last edited:
sure it is original ???

i have a question i am not an expert on the german ww2 amo but for me the Reichsadler this stamped eagle looks not original i have them other way in my mind i doubt a little bit that it is realy an original ww2 case !
But only my opinion dont be angry with me :tinysmile_shy_t:

wbr David

No worries Dave,
I usually associate that type of Adler with early stamped ordnance,deffo seen it a few times.

best

waff

thanks waff

ok good than i am happy thanks waff !

i would not create any confusion or so i would only ask my area are the WW1 !!

thanks again

wbr David

ok good than i am happy thanks waff !

i would not create any confusion or so i would only ask my area are the WW1 !!

thanks again

wbr David

No worries whatsoever Dave!
Thats what a forum is for ,to ask questions. :)
Im only a novice in this game, been collecting for approx 5 years. :p

cheers

waff

i have a question i am not an expert on the german ww2 amo but for me the Reichsadler this stamped eagle looks not original i have them other way in my mind i doubt a little bit that it is realy an original ww2 case !
But only my opinion dont be angry with me :tinysmile_shy_t:

wbr David

This Reichsadler is original stamped, its a early case , G = 1936.

Lovely job then,Waff,I'll await developments with great interest.It sounds as if the magnet test has shot down in flames yet another of my half baked headstamp theories!!!
Regards Chris.

Lovely job then,Waff,I'll await developments with great interest.It sounds as if the magnet test has shot down in flames yet another of my half baked headstamp theories!!!
Regards Chris.

No worries whatsoever Chris.
There's nothing wrong with fielding theories as it stimulates good thinking.

Thank you all lads for your input on this,im quite pleased with the responses! :)

Good job i found that magnet in the cupboard this morning then!

best

waff

3.7cm Flak Brass and Steel?

Hi there, I have a 3.7cm German WW2 Flak case that is brass but the primer end has a steel base to it. I was told this type of case was produced for Kriegsmarine Flak guns. Does anyone know? Thanks.

I've been having a quick shufti through the Archive,and all the brass cases with the steel base seem to be from PaK rounds,is your case belted????

Hi there, I have a 3.7cm German WW2 Flak case that is brass but the primer end has a steel base to it. I was told this type of case was produced for Kriegsmarine Flak guns. Does anyone know? Thanks.

The Naval 3.7cm Flak gun is a different gun. It was a 3.7cm Sk C/30 and the case is longer.

Check the headstamp of your case. What is stamped on the base in the 6 o'clock position?
For the Flak 18 there is a 4 digit number "6348".

Some pictures of the case and a good macro picture of the base might help with your quest.

PC

Last edited: