What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 3 fin Granatenwerfer projectile

Hi all, I have a WWI German granatenwerfer projectile on the way that is a relic with the fins rusted away. As I have a 4 fin projectile I want to restore this one to a 3 fin unit. Could someone please provide close ups of tail section of 3 fin Granatenwerfer projectile that I can reference from. It would be greatly appreciated...Dano

3 fin

Here's some photos of mine. I hope they help.

John

Attachments

• SSCN2571.JPG
    SSCN2571.JPG
    59.1 KB · Views: 51
  • SSCN2570.JPG
    SSCN2570.JPG
    62.2 KB · Views: 40
III fin granatenwerfer

Yes John, Helps tremendously. Thanks so much as I will use them for reference..Dano

Here's another photo with some scale.

John

Attachments

• SSCN2574.JPG
    SSCN2574.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
3 fin Granatenwerfer

Well, the relic Granatenwerfer projectile arrived with fins rusted away. I did this one in 3 fin as I already had 4 fin, and kind of threw it together to keep in the relic catagory

Attachments

• Picture 260.jpg
    Picture 260.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 50
Hi Tony, Nope same length it is just the cam angle and hanging difference. I'm out of olive drab paint at the moment so i'm not done. I may also re mount it so it could be well hung. Thanks for the deal Tony, that peckerwood seemed like you sent it in the 70's as it took a while to get here! All BS aside a heartfelt thankyou is what i'm thinking as this one along with the 1915 igniters you sent are a treasured addition to my colection, Will mail off your next package on 8th or 9th of November,by the way where were they found????..Dano