What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 8 cm Mortar

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Hi ,over the past year ive managed to pick up 2 German 8 cm Mortar rounds .The one in pic 1 at Beltring ,was sold as a HE and the one in pic2 at Pudsey last week .Now comparing them i notice the one in pic 1 is slightly green ? and as a set of small screwholes around the upper section .Am i right the pic 1 is the bouncing variety and pic 2 a normal HE ,any thoughts regards Dave

Attachments

• 2008_0627mortar8cmGerman0002.JPG
    2008_0627mortar8cmGerman0002.JPG
    64.5 KB · Views: 126
  • 2008_0627mortar8cmGerman0001.JPG
    2008_0627mortar8cmGerman0001.JPG
    70.2 KB · Views: 117
Evening Allan looked at that link earlier but couldnt find a clear picture of the head with the screws ,etc ,just wanted some one to confirm/deny that its a bouncer ,didnt know if i was seeing things !

Big Dave,
I'm no expert on these so cannot answer your question.
However I've just looked at the line drawing on the link Allan put on and it looks as though if you unscrewed the fuze that there should be a gap between it and a collar with another thread in it to take the main booster?
Are there any differences on the inside of the two you have? The answer to your question may lie there?!!
regards
Kev

Hi Kev thanks for the advice but the fuse on the green ? one is well and truly stuck and as its bakelite i dont fancy giving it too much attention .The second brown one fuse comes off easy and is empty