What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German 81 with white ring

Bully1970

I found this years ago but I never have been able to find a definitive answer as to what the white painted ring means, any ideas appreciated. Lots of Ub's found in this area too. Thanks :)

White band 8cm mortar.jpg

Thank you, it means ring for filling type then, so what does white mean as opposed to the yellow rings on the 2 next to it?

Thank you, it means ring for filling type then, so what does white mean as opposed to the yellow rings on the 2 next to it?

Weiss Ring : lachry. agent
Gelb Ring : diferent toxic agent family (vesicant)

Last edited:
Thank you, so white is tear gas? do you have a source document stating weiss ring - lachary agent that you could share please? or point me in the right direction?

Last edited:
Thank you, so white is tear gas? do you have a source document stating weiss ring - lachary agent that you could share please? or point me in the right direction?

I only have classified documentation, I don't know if you can find free informations on the web.

free wikipedia : 8-cm-Wurfgranate 34 Kh „Kammerhülse“ Weißring (Augenreizstoff CN), diese wurden jedoch nicht verfüllt;[SUP][14]

[/SUP]https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Granatwerfer_34

Last edited: