What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German A.Z. 24/31 M. 99/15 D.Z.

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Question ... was the German A.Z. 24/31 M. 99/15 D.Z. a French fuze the German's renumbered for their use? Or one they made based upon the French design?

Joe

Attachments

• Fuze 4 (pic 4).jpg
    Fuze 4 (pic 4).jpg
    284 KB · Views: 54
  • Fuze 4 (pic 2).jpg
    Fuze 4 (pic 2).jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 48
Hello,

Polish version of French 24-31mm Mle15 called "Zapalnik 24/31mm wzór 1899/1915 długą zwłoką" (= long delay)
(24/31 Wz. 99/15 D.Z.)

Regards

Last edited:
The designation A Z 24/31 M 99/15 D Z is a German name for this Polish captured fuze.
Please see pic.
Polish, Austrian and Czech fuzes are designated in a different way than the other captured fuzes with the 3 digit number and (r), (f), (e) .... sufixes.

Bob

Attachments

• 028.jpg
    028.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Good evening,

I have this one under the same name, but obviously, it is not the same :

PL_FUZ_2431WZ9915bis.jpg

So, what is this fuze ?

Thanks,

S.

Hello,

French 24-31mm Mle 1915 were made with different design. Your fuze is of one of the first design with large plug screwed on top. Then these fuzes were made with small screw for striker. I only saw polish fuzes made with this last shape.

Regards

POL.jpg

your fuze :
I don't know if this model was made for Poland.
1915 1.jpg

1915.jpg

Last edited:
You can check german names of fuzes in Kennblatter fur fremden Gerats.

99/15 with wide screw isn't mod.99? I Poland during WW2 era there were 3 different wz.99/15 fuzes - BZ (Bez zwłoki - no delay), KZ (krótka zwłoka - short delay) and DZ (długa zwłoka - long delay). All of them were with small screw, but Poland used mle 99 fuze (french made) as well. If youre interested in more info, I can provide it when I will come back to home.