What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German AZ 80 A

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Just cut this German AZ 80 A fuze
Type .. impact allways
Use.. Back fuze for V1 rocket and others
please feel free to add more info

Attachments

• DSC00416az80.jpg
    DSC00416az80.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC00413az80.jpg
    DSC00413az80.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00415az80.jpg
    DSC00415az80.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 116
  • German AZ 80 A fuze  cutaway sectioned.jpg
    German AZ 80 A fuze cutaway sectioned.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hi Spotter,
Nice work on that fuze, You are getting quite into doing these now, look forward to seeing the next one.
Best Weasel.

This is for waffenamt,hope its ok for you,,the clockwork/coggy bits could do with "satan-ing" other than discolouring they look in very good condition Paint looks very shiny in the photos due to flash.
allan

Attachments

• DSC00414.JPG
    DSC00414.JPG
    66.6 KB · Views: 54
  • DSC00412.JPG
    DSC00412.JPG
    62.8 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00416.JPG
    DSC00416.JPG
    80.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC00417.JPG
    DSC00417.JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 68
Thank you very much Allan.:top:

I shall take it down for Phil to look at on my next visit. It is however nice enough as is.
Will grace the collection on the Premier fuze shelf. :)

again,thank you.

best

Waff

Very nice Alan, I'd often wondered what was inside one of these.

Dave.

British 80A

You might be interested to know that 100 compromised versions of these fuzes were made by the SOE boffins; the idea being, presumably, to sneak these into the supply chain. I understand that the 'compromise' involved taking out the delay and that the doodlebug would function on the ramp.

Reference: TNA File HS7-16 - V Weapons.

You might be interested to know that 100 compromised versions of these fuzes were made by the SOE boffins; the idea being, presumably, to sneak these into the supply chain. I understand that the 'compromise' involved taking out the delay and that the doodlebug would function on the ramp.

Reference: TNA File HS7-16 - V Weapons.

Nice one Bonnex,
Never heard that one before?

cheers

waff

Thank you very much Allan.:top:

I shall take it down for Phil to look at on my next visit. It is however nice enough as is.
Will grace the collection on the Premier fuze shelf. :)

again,thank you.

best

Waff[/QUOT

Would look nice an highlighted with the mech all cleaned up so next meet up bring it down:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Best phil

Just had chance today to take a couple of shots in daylight. Ive included a couple of closer shots as i think this excellent cutaway deserves an airing on BOCN.
Thank you El Spotto for sorting this out for me. :)

best

waff

Attachments

• S7005526.jpg
    S7005526.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 33
  • S7005527.jpg
    S7005527.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 37
  • S7005528.jpg
    S7005528.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 36
  • S7005529.jpg
    S7005529.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 30
  • S7005532.jpg
    S7005532.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 31
...and here it is amongst some of my other favourite cutaways :)

waff

Attachments

• S7005547.jpg
    S7005547.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 55
they look very hapy together waff.
some nice cut aways there sir

Thank you Squire!:tinysmile_kiss_t4:
Ive a few cutaway rounds/mortars and grenades nowadays.
I quite like them displayed alongside the full versions to give the collection more interest and its easier to explain to visitors just how an item used to work.
I thought the fuzes deserve their own shelf. :)

best

waff

...and here it is amongst some of my other favourite cutaways :)

waff

The cutaways give a new dimention to the display, they certainly look great on your shelf Paul.
Especially like the large cut one in its cannister, 17?? Some thought behind that one to cut the bakerlite storage case - very nice!!!

regards Kev

Thanks for the link Paul, great post. Bet those bakerlite cases for the 17's are like hens teeth?
re cut 17 - Did you leave it as originally cut or replace the outer casing?
cheers Kev

Hi Kev,
The case came as part of the deal when i first bought it.I have cases for all but the one shown in tonights thread.Yes,they are scarce and ive paid daft money for them in the past!
Im sure ive donated part of the clockwork to my mate Phil for one of his projects in the past? Im sure he can refresh my memory on that though! :p
Gotto hit the hay now as ive a busy day tomoz.

speak soon

waff