What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German AZ80 V1 fuzee

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
The following photos show my German AZ80 fuze.This is an impact fuze with an arming delay of 4.5-6 seconds and was used as a back up fuze on V1 rockets.
The body is stamped
cpp 34 a
These are the only marks i can find can anyone explain them,also if anyone has any further information,drawings photos of these fuzes please add them as i can find very little on these...thank you for looking spotter
bocnDSC00107.jpg

Does anyone have a photo of one of these fuzes in the bomb ,also how did it work...thanks for looking spotter

cpp is the manufacturer code for \"Rheinmetall Borsig AG Werk Breslau\".

regards
rob

If you reduce the arming delay to zero the fuze functions on the launch ramp, at least that is the theory. The SOE technical folk manufactured 100 such fuzes for infiltration into the German supply chain as a part of Operation Crossbow. Don't know if they managed to get any into service. [TNA file HS7-16 refers].

Cant seem to post a photo easily so PM me with an email address if you want a photograph of the British counterfeit fuze.

Photograph of the British Copy

Sorted (read the instructions!).

Attachments

• No80 V1 fuze.jpg
    No80 V1 fuze.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 68