What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German (?) Dopp 92 (?)

DOODLE

Can somebody tell me the "name" of this fuse?

I'm also looking to get my hands on one or two of these.
(I'll post this again in the "wanted"-topic as soon as I know what it is exactly) ;)

gerfuze.jpg
(pic taken in "Hooge Crater" museum)

Thanks

Hello,

I don't have a name for you, but the fuze is very wrong presented at this place because it is a norwegian fuze for "HE-shrapnells" (in german language: "Granatschrapnell", in norwegian language maybe something like: "Brisant-Granatkardesk"). The construction is of system Erhardt/Van Essen and was sold by the german Rheinmetall company or made in license in foreign countries. I remember one example with norwegian factory stamp so I guess they had a own production of these fuzes.

Last edited:
Norwegian produced, and sold by the Germans. Is this a little before WWI ? So does this mean that
this one could be also used in the French and Belgian artillery units?

I've been trough some of the downloadable docs on this forum, but I do'nt find it anywhere.

Will I be able to lay may hands on one?

Norwegian fuzes are not very common it should be very hard to find one. I don't think french or belgian units used this fuze. If it was made by Rheinmetall it could have been used by the germans but I think it found an other way to the belgian museum. Sadly it's even more difficult to find documents about norwegian ordnance. I don't konw for sure but think it was accepted by the norwegian artillery in 1913.