What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Experimental Projectiles

EODGUY

Can anyone provide any designations on these three German projectiles? Also need a value on them. A friend has them and my references don't show them all and I have no idea of value. Thanks!German 1.jpgGerman 2.jpgGerman 3.jpg

Thanks, I'll check it out! My thought is they really don't have specific designations like standard projectiles because they were only test items. From the photos (all the information I have on them) it is hard to determine even the caliber though. Thanks for the link.

Bob

pzgr40.....Any estimate on the value of the projectiles? I have a feeling he wants to sell them, but he has no idea of value and neither do I. He doesn't want to over charge or "give" them away either. Of course he has to find a buyer in the states also.

well then, i have never seen them in this quality. just ship them to europe and i am sure the collectors will give a good price for the items. there are many collectors who want these things. it is hard to make a value geuss because they are rather seldom.

bes regards dm

I am quite a nitwit when it comes to prices.
I can only tell that I have never seen these projectiles in a museum mint condition like this. I can ashure you they are rare, as they were only made as small batches of experimental shells.
Over here I have only seen them in "polyester and sandpaper repair" condition, mostly with the upper or lower sabot missing. Even than, high prices like 300-500 euro are asked.
Also, even if they'd be available here, it would be quite impossible to have them shipped over to the US of A due to postage and customs problems, which makes them even more expensive on your side of the pond.
If I would have to make a carefull estimation, i'd say at least $750 or higher each in Europe, taking into account the often crazy prices asked -and paid- on USA auctions i'd say $2000 or higher each in the USA.

A piece of advice to your friend; do not sell them, he'll not ever find a nice set like this again in this condition.