What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German First war 77mm K. Gr16 shell

starshell

Premium Member
Hi,

Would any members have any information (drawings, technical illustrations, etc ) on the German 77mm K. Gr16 shell.
I'm in the process of restoring one paint wise, and having scoured all the books and manuals I have, realised I have nothing about it! (Although I do know it has 2 driving bands, one thin Mazak / Zinc band, the other a Copper band...;)).

Another BOCN member posted a great pic of his German 77mm collection a while back, of which one was a K Gr16. I noticed on that shell, the body was painted two thirds a dark Blue? I'm trying to find out a bit more about colour schemes for this shell so that's a head start.

Other than that, I have very little on this piece.

Any pointers, info, etc would be much appreciated so I can learn a bit more about this shell.
Many thanks in advance!

Looking at the image, am I right in assuming the body was Blue, or did the drawing just give a rough idea of colours (field Grey, Blue, etc).
Most German 77's I've seen (other than shrapnel shells) had a Grey-ish colour so the Blue threw me off!

Cheers!