What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German First war Gr.14 Projectile driving bad....

You can now start the acceptance procedure (2nd check):

The band was checked by using slight punches with a small bronze hammer. If it sounded hollow the shell had to be returned to the factory for re-banding :)

The factories got the bands free of charge from the state arsenal where they got the order from. They got exactly the number of bands as written in the order of shells + 2% more to cover failures. If they needed more than the additional 2% they had to pay for the bands. The copper chips from machining + the left over additional bands remained state property and had to be returned.

The copper chips from machining + the left over additional bands remained state property and had to be returned.[/QUOTE]

Alpini,
I think I'll return to the workshop and gather up the Copper chips and swarf. Otherwise, it could be German authorities carting me off to Spandau prison! :tinysmile_cry_t2:

DICKAREN, Many thanks for the kind words.