What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Fuzes for Rockets

Stormfighter

This is my first post here on the BOCN. I have been writing a book about a special Luftwaffe fighter unit for more than twenty years. One of the units it served with was Erprobungskommando 25 (Testing Command 25), which experimented with 21 cm and 30 cm Bordraketen (21 cm and 30 cm On-Board Rockets). I have a three photos of Luftwaffe officers inspecting fuzes that were used in these rockets and was hoping that some forum members can help me identify them and refer to the photos as Photo 1, Photo 2 and Photo 3. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Barry

Attachments

• Photo1.jpg
    Photo1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Photo2.jpg
    Photo2.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Photo3.jpg
    Photo3.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 61
I will have a look to see what i can find you. :) Very impressed with those pics you have posted.

best

waff

Last edited:
Thanks Waff and Harry! Harry, can you tell me the full designation for the S/60 R-Dopp. fuze (lieber auf Deutsch)? Do you think this fuze was used for the 21 cm rocket, the 30 cm rocket, or perhaps both?

Barry

Here is some info on the fuze key

Attachments

• Xd1a.jpg
    Xd1a.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 25
  • Xd1b.jpg
    Xd1b.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 30
morning, Barry

ref. Photo 1: the man on the left with leather coat and cigar-stump is Generalleutnant Adolf Galland.