What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German helmet

harmpie

German helmet M35,found last week in city Venlo Netherland.Helmet is in nice condition,found under an old road on my work

Attachments

• duitse helm 001.jpg
    duitse helm 001.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 119
  • duitse helm 002.jpg
    duitse helm 002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 104
  • duitse helm 003.jpg
    duitse helm 003.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 98
  • duitse helm 005.jpg
    duitse helm 005.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 112
  • duitse helm 006.jpg
    duitse helm 006.jpg
    98.7 KB · Views: 130
  • duitse helm 007.jpg
    duitse helm 007.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 109
You jammy bugger!! :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Thats the one thing missing in my collection as ive never trusted the ones i see at shows.
Great find and well done!

cheers

waff

its amazin what time does to something like that.
I think it may have been a medics helmet,or has been adapted to medic in the field.
Couldnt find anything thats painted like that though.
Wonder if anyone else knows on here?

good find sir

regards

Nazi helmet

Hello harmpie,

Can you tell if the airvent is stamped or an individual part? From the one photograph, it appears stamped which would make it an M40 style vs. an M35. From the length of the front helmet brim, I would guess the size to be a 66 or 68. I've never seen an original helmet color that shade of green so I'm thinking it's your camera setting. Waff is absolutly correct, for any one original anymore, there are thirty fakes on the market. Make that 100 to 1 for the SS helmets. Here are a few of mine from forty years of collecting.

Best regards,

Randall

Attachments

• P1010006.JPG
    P1010006.JPG
    69.1 KB · Views: 67
Hello harmpie,

Can you tell if the airvent is stamped or an individual part? From the one photograph, it appears stamped which would make it an M40 style vs. an M35. From the length of the front helmet brim, I would guess the size to be a 66 or 68. I've never seen an original helmet color that shade of green so I'm thinking it's your camera setting. Waff is absolutly correct, for any one original anymore, there are thirty fakes on the market. Make that 100 to 1 for the SS helmets. Here are a few of mine from forty years of collecting.

Best regards,

Randall

Hello Randall, The airvent is an individual part,my camera is not setting.This is the original color.maybe the helmet is repainted in the field.Nice collection!!
Regards,Harm

Harmpie, on the helmet color. Is that paint on it or gack from being buried. It is interesting how the inside of the helmet has the red splotch also. Just picking for information. I'm a relic guy and think your helmet is absolutely awesome....Dano

Harmpie, on the helmet color. Is that paint on it or gack from being buried. It is interesting how the inside of the helmet has the red splotch also. Just picking for information. I'm a relic guy and think your helmet is absolutely awesome....Dano
Hello dano

on the helmet color is gack (rust) from being buried.Inside the helmet is no red splotch.Today i cleaned the helmet a little bit and there is an wehrmacht-decal under the green paint on the right side.I won't remove the paint for seeing the decal.

Grtz,Harm

Hello dano

on the helmet color is gack (rust) from being buried.Inside the helmet is no red splotch.Today i cleaned the helmet a little bit and there is an wehrmacht-decal under the green paint on the right side.I won't remove the paint for seeing the decal.

Grtz,Harm
Hi Harm, Thanks so much for the information. I would like to ask if it would be possible to see pictures throughout your cleaning process. I love the dug relics for many reasons one of which is the absolute knowledge that you are dealing with a 100% original piece. Great thread....Dano

Yes, please, you have, (you MUST :tinysmile_classes_t) to keep us informed with pics about the cleaning process of the helmet, a thing like this is veeeeery cool. :adore:

I`m ready with my homework.It`s a nice piece of history

Attachments

• janske 8-10-10 018.jpg
    janske 8-10-10 018.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 49
  • janske 8-10-10 019.jpg
    janske 8-10-10 019.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 49
  • janske 8-10-10 020.jpg
    janske 8-10-10 020.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 45
  • janske 8-10-10 021.jpg
    janske 8-10-10 021.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
Beautiful helmet.
I live in Venlo.
Where did you find it?
I don't need the exact location:tinysmile_twink_t2:.
Just for studying and mapping the war in Venlo.

Your name sounds familiar.
Do you live in Panningen?
(I'm a acquaintance of Jos)