What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German leichte Infantrie Geschutz 18 Set

pzjgr

Here is a great lIG 18 ammo crate set. I picked this up on eBay long ago when there was lots of great ordnance on there...

The actual steel container was a bit worse for wear, I simply stabilized it, and repainted it...the rest was inside, and was in great shape...

It came complete with the carrier for three cartridge cases, three cases with primers and closing cups, two shaped charge HEAT projectiles with two different fuzes (I have the exact designations, but not handy), and one standard HE projectile and fuze, and two projectile covers, I was very happy to add it to the collection! Everything fits into the steel carrier, so each carrier would house three complete rounds...

The other cartridge case is a Gebirgs Geschutz 36 case, along with the sheetmetal cover...

Attachments

• 75ig.jpg
    75ig.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 191
Hi,
Nice set, thanks for sharing it! I will make same new threads in packing section soon and one thread will be for the crates of Le. I.G 18.

Can You make a closer picture of this closing cups, please? Seems like i don`t have this piece yet.

Regards
E

Sure Endel, I will get some pics of the closing cups for you....they are something that you don't find too often with German seperate loading ammo....they are just cardboard and tend not to hold up well, plus they go out the muzzle when fired of course!

As promised here are some detail shots of the closing cups...

Attachments

• DSC00856.jpg
    DSC00856.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00857.jpg
    DSC00857.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00858.jpg
    DSC00858.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC00859.jpg
    DSC00859.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 34
  • DSC00860.jpg
    DSC00860.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 28
Very, very nice, what a beauty cup. Thank you for sharing pzjgr! Hard to find this, such a good condition, huh, really like it. :tongue:

Regards
E

Hi,

Nice, if you wish something, you will get it... arrived today this case with a closing cup. It is for 15 euros.

E

Attachments

• 75leigc1.jpg
    75leigc1.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 24
  • 75leigc2.jpg
    75leigc2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 28
  • 75leigc.jpg
    75leigc.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 27
  • 75leigc3.jpg