What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German m1913 rifle grenade fuze

Could someone please provide a good picture of the m1913 German rifle grenade fuze. Mine is fuzeless and i'll be needing to make a facsimile. Thanks in advance...Dano

Dano

Have you got Delhomme's book? There is a diagram in there. Sorry, can't help with the photo I've not got one of these.

John

Dano,

Diagram attached for starters.

Tom.

Attachments

• 1913 German Rifle Grenade cleaned.jpg
    1913 German Rifle Grenade cleaned.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 37
Yep John I feel kind of silly as I do have Delhomme's German Grenades of the Great War and Tom thanks for posting the diagram. I think I may have to find a real one and use it or pop it in some modeling clay and make a resin piece. Any other ideas would be most appreciated. It looks like the transit plug would be a "piece of cake" to replicate....Dano

Last edited:
Some photos attached - I have only a transport plug, and the inner detonator sleeve is a bit ragged. The complete assembly would be a challenging item to reproduce...

Tom.

Attachments

• German 1913 RG_1.JPG
    German 1913 RG_1.JPG
    90.1 KB · Views: 35
  • German 1913 RG_2.jpg
    German 1913 RG_2.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 36
  • German 1913 RG_3.jpg
    German 1913 RG_3.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 29
  • German 1913 RG_4.jpg
    German 1913 RG_4.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 33
  • German 1913 RG_5.jpg
    German 1913 RG_5.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 29
Thanks Tom, some excellent photos. I think I will make the transit plug as it looks easy. Thanks again...Dano

My M1913 is also missing the fuse, it looks like the pointed plug for the fuse is a solid bit of brass, how much trouble would it be to make a few of them (I do not think I want to try the same thing as I did with the Turkish fuses, as they turned out costing $40 each when I got done) but this one should be a simple job, I would like to get one too. as I display my grenades with my uniforms and weapons, and do not get into the internals so just the tip would do me.
Gus

Heres my sectioned model showing the sequence from firing to impact.
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• m1913 rg 1.jpg
    m1913 rg 1.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 28
  • m1913 rg  2.jpg
    m1913 rg 2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 26
  • m1913 rg  3.jpg
    m1913 rg 3.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 26
The firing system of these grenades is unbelievebly complex, very nice cut away Paul, and great lesson on the function, thank you
Gus

Hey Paul,
I do not see a hole for the safety pin on your grenade, the reason I bring this up, my M1913 does not have holes in the base for the safety pin, is this normal?
Best wishes
Gus

hi gus. you are right. it has no hole for a pin. in fact toms gren is the only one ive seen that has a pin.
no idea why though?
cheers, paul.

Thanks Paul,
As a relative newby in collecting grenades, I worry about getting stuck with a fake example.
Best wishes
Gus