What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German m1917 rifle grenade - RESTORE??

hallowed ground

Great relics 18pounder, and thanks for the pictures. I had not given it much thought but old battlefields are "hallowed ground" and actually digging probably not too good of a thing. But if I see something just lying there and it is safe i'd have to go for it. The moral implications are pretty heavy. Guess i'll just have to see for myself and figure on 10 sets of batteries for the camera. Must have been a rush to find that Mills body. Again, great pics and thanks for sharing..Dano

Great relics 18pounder, and thanks for the pictures. I had not given it much thought but old battlefields are "hallowed ground" and actually digging probably not too good of a thing. But if I see something just lying there and it is safe i'd have to go for it. The moral implications are pretty heavy. Guess i'll just have to see for myself and figure on 10 sets of batteries for the camera. Must have been a rush to find that Mills body. Again, great pics and thanks for sharing..Dano

grens tend to look like muddy potatoes in the soil and can be difficult to spot.
mine wasnt so muddy ,mainly very greasy so i thinks thats why it was in good condition.
it looked as if it just wasnt filled at all,with no parts to it.
i think i was lucky