What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German MG Belt

Andysarmoury

Premium Member
Hi i have just found this belt after having a good sort out and noticed it has some markings on the end tab, adb 8.41 and a waff stamp do anybody know who the manufacture is,
thanks in advance
Andy

Attachments

• P1030158.jpg
    P1030158.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 45
Hi i have just found this belt after having a good sort out and noticed it has some markings on the end tab, adb 8.41 and a waff stamp do anybody know who the manufacture is,
thanks in advance
Andy

Hi Andy,

It was made by Markneukirchner Metallbearbeitungs GmbH,Markneukirchen/Sachsen.

cheers

waff

belt

thanks in advance
Andy

is it a full belt of 39 - 45 dated inert ammo, could be interested if you wanted to part with it

philip

is it a full belt of 39 - 45 dated inert ammo, could be interested if you wanted to part with it

philip

Hi Philip, sorry the belt is not for sale, i do have plenty of spare fired and unfired cases but they are 48 -52 and 64s dated
regards
Andy

Incidentally,what are these empty waff stamped links worth?
Ive found 5 sets in an empty ammo tin and they will be on sale at Beltring next week. :) not the tin though!) :p

cheers

waff

Thanks Waff,your'e the man!,not sure about the price of these belts I picked mine up for sick squid last year on flea bay(slipped through the net!) and was rolled up in tube fashion,covered in thick grease and wrapped in brown 'vapour' paper.
Was a bit miffed when I opened and de-greased as I thought it was a later MG42/59 belt and would have not opened it if I'd known it was from WW2!

All the best
Tony

Thanks Waff,your'e the man!,not sure about the price of these belts I picked mine up for sick squid last year on flea bay(slipped through the net!) and was rolled up in tube fashion,covered in thick grease and wrapped in brown 'vapour' paper.
Was a bit miffed when I opened and de-greased as I thought it was a later MG42/59 belt and would have not opened it if I'd known it was from WW2!

All the best
Tony

No worries Tony. :)
I have my handy 'Pawlas' Code-Buch next to the computer for such matters.
Are you going to Belty pal? If so,hook up with me at stall 7, row 'i'.

cheers

waff

Hi Waff,
same thing but bnm 1.41?:tinysmile_fatgrin_t.
Cheers
Tony

..................................................................................................

3 letter code bnm is the manufacturers code

1.41 is the date it was made for example : Jan.1941