What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Pre WW1 7,5cm projectile with Dopp.Z.C/93

ehre_treue

account suspended
3431063_4e3ad393066b8.jpg3431063_2_4e3ad393076af.jpg3431063_3_4e3ad39308622.jpg3431063_4_4e3ad39309603.jpg

I recently acquired this and can't find any information on it. Every book or reference I have makes no mention of a Dopp.Z.C/93. After hours of research the only reference I found on this was from a fellow collector who posted his in MilitariaFundForum several years ago. I have had the pleasure of seeing his in person, until recently I didn't think I would ever see another one. Any information on this fuse and it's origins/maker/rarity would be extremely appreciated. I believe I have stumbled across one of the rarer items associated with German Dopp.Z's.

They are much more rare than normal DoppZ96 but from time to time they show up (there where other shrapnells with 93 fuze in eGun the last years - mostly also painted as souvenirs). Most of them seem to have been fired on german ranges shortly after introduction. I guess this fuze was developed in 1893 and first examples also produced with this 93 marking and later it was renamed to 96 to fit to the gun's intoduction date. The construction of the 93 and the 96 seems to be 100% the same.

Why is this fuse not documented in any manuals or reference books? Or do I just not have the right book? The one my friend has came from a training range near Frankfurt Germany. Was this perhaps only used on training ranges, if so why is there no EX marking? Why does the metal adapter for the fuse not seam to fit the round itself?

EX means Exerzier = drill = not intended to be fired ;-) You will never see a fired shell with Ex marking. Special produced target practise ammunition has sometimes an "b" or "Ub" stamp, but not always. In germany normal service shrapnel shells were used for target practise so they have no special markings.

Yes, I think you (and me) don't have the right manuals. I have never seen the ammunition manual for the F.K.96 with the old shells inside. And because it was not uncommon that the manuals were printed some time after introduction of the gun, I would not wonder that even the F.K.96 ammunition manual contains no reference to this fuze, but who knows...

Last edited:
Kanst du mir sagen vom wo diesen adler herkommt? Ist das verleicht ein regiments wappen oder ein stadtwappen?

F.k.96

http://www.mlrsbooks.co.uk/bookstor...l?&PHPSESSID=752bb935f34c9cf23b053b37df7fb855

Anhang zum Exerzier-reglement fr die Feldartillerie (1913)

30.00 Add to Cart
Publication
German High Command
Mittler U Sohn
Yes

Cover Price:
Product No:
Product Type
ISBN:
Author:
Publisher:
First Edition Published:
Published:
Pages:
Illustrations:
Line drawings:
Indexed:

This German manual covers the Feldkanone 96 (with many beautiful drawings) and the Field Howitzer 98, as well as their respective limbers and carriages. It also gives details of the field observation equipment issued, and of German transport wagons and shell. Handling instructions for the guns are given. There are instructions on observation equipment and signals and field engineering. Fully illustrated.