What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German projectile WWI (From Ghota bomber,i've been told..)

Gentleman,

Can someone help me identify this one?
Thanks in advance guys!
I'm thinking of selling them,but first I would like to know what i'm selling :tinysmile_hmm_t:

Regards!

Attachments

• P1040918.jpg
    P1040918.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 181
  • P1040919.jpg
    P1040919.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 161
  • P1040920.jpg
    P1040920.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 171
  • P1040921.jpg
    P1040921.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 153
  • P1040922.jpg
    P1040922.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 160
Nice Becker rounds Blue Heaven. They were generally an anti-aircraft and balloon busting shell, fired from the ground and truck mounted. The eventual plan was to mount the gun in aircraft but the war ended before this happened...Dano

Last edited:
Thanks for all the info guys!
Shall I call special services to "defuse" them?
High Explosive = Very dangerous with two kids....

Thanks again !

Yeah, and tell them you also have a "live" Artline 70N device as well! LOL

....I'll let the EOD experts on the forum respond to your question........

BUT normal parental practice should be enforced - anything "dangerous" in the household i.e. chemicals, matches, knives (+ forks), acids, poisons, paint thinners, petrol, ligter fluid, guns, darts, lead toys from china, powder milk formula (again from China) and small themonuclear devices should be locked away from kids period!

Then you have to "secure" your cigars and alcohol!!!
(Especially the clear transparent alcoholic liquids as the little #@$#$& refill the vodka bottle with water!!!!!)
Cheers
Drew

Hey Blue Heaven,

First thing: Why for gods sake did you get these things when you're in doubt they're safe ? (which I believe you must be because of you question about having them defuzed)

Second:I must admit, very nice rounds, very early production indeed. How did you get them?

Iff you found them yourself (detector?) there is a good chance they are live and should really be gotten rid off!!!
Then again, there not being primers in the rounds might indicate someone has rendered them safe already or they might have been produced as training/EX rounds (which is somewhat unlikely since they're fitted with "service"rounds).

In any case the golden rule applies : When in doubt leave well alone !

Chances off having them defuzed and getting them back are probably less than nill, as any EOD service is obliged to destroy any material handed to them for disposal (usually the only exception to that rule being ordnance that is renderd safe for their own study collections).

I know my reply sounds patronizing (and it is) but no piece of metal is worth endangering youself and your loved ones (or anyone for that matter).

greetz, and BE SAFE!!!

I really don't know anything about them.Just found them In a old house in Belgium...(that's why they still look so good)And I'm not planning to keep them.I'm not a collector,I was just wondering what they are.
Thank you very much for your information,I will kick them out ASAP :)

Hi Blue Heaven,
As already mentioned if you are at all unsure about the safety of these two rounds then you should contact the relevant authorities in your area to have them dealt with.
Best regards Weasel.

Last edited:
I saw two of them past March in a Belgian fair, they went for 50 euro/each, I believe they not sold finally. I remember it very well because I asked to seller what those rare rounds were and he told me they were Anti Zeppelin rounds.