What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German RPG 44 practice rocket?

M

Mikey25

I found this rocket on a fair today. The seller told me it was for a German RPG 44. Can anybody confirm this?

Any information would be welcome!

Text on body:

Uebungsgeraet
Panzerabwehrwaffe
1005-12-182-3985

een.jpg

twee.jpg

It looks like that and also from the writing its what you got told.
Erik

Hey Erik,

Thanks for the reply. Do you have any more info on the RPG 44 (or is it named Panzerfaust)? Any pictures or something?

The seller told me there's a little subcaliber rocket that gets inserted in the nose. I have that one too. It says: DM38

I will upload a few more pics later today.

Mike,
for sure its a practice round and also if you have this subcaliber "rocket" with DM 38 - this is for sure a practice training item - known by the last digit of the DM number beeing a 8 and the item should also be blue.
Erik

Well, but is that DM38 used in a PF44 training rocket??????

The DM 38 only denotes that this is the 3rd model of an item, it doesn't specify type or caliber.
For example there is also a training handgrenade DM 38 - see here http://www.lexpev.nl/grenades/europe/germany/dm38.html
Erik

Oh ok. I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

The chances of me finding a Panzerfaust 44 are slim so.. I guess I'll hang this item to the wall. :)

I made some more pictures. The blue rocket fits exactly into the tube.

Attachments

• SL386913.jpg
    SL386913.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 34
  • SL386916.jpg
    SL386916.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 28
  • SL386918.jpg
    SL386918.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 43
  • SL386907.jpg
    SL386907.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 44
I never seen subcal device for german PzF3. In my opinion the blue subcal rocket used in PzF44.

Here the HEAT DM-32 for the PzF 44

Attachments

• 6045-04691.jpg
    6045-04691.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 30
I never seen subcal device for german PzF3. In my opinion the blue subcal rocket used in PzF44.

This DM 38 is a training projectile for the Panzerfaust 3 - the PzF44 subcaliber only was DM 18 and DM 28 and the projectile was more pointed.
Erik

Erik, do you have any pictures? Then I'll know what I have to look for... :)