What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German SB 3KG

Also I'm very interested, I have never before seen the above munition and only know it from US intelligence manuals. It must have been mostly experimental. Attached is a drawing of another WW2 exSHL 6000.jpgperimental bomb, the SHL 6000 that was to be carried on a HE 177. The bomb had 6 ton weight, of which 4000kg were explosive and 800 sixsided shrapnel pieces of 2,5 kg weight. The WW2 version of "Shock and Awe".

another WW2 experimental bomb, the SHL 6000 that was to be carried on a HE 177. The bomb had 6 ton weight, of which 4000kg were explosive and 800 sixsided shrapnel pieces of 2,5 kg weight. The WW2 version of "Shock and Awe".
More precisely, SHL 6000 wasn't a "bomb". It was a warhead for He 177 - based flying bomb (unbuilt, "Mistel" type).

I agree and as we are on the subject, is there any more info available on the Mistel warheads and fuzes?
That question is bothering me for years now...

From my collection! The so-called swash plate is a replica Greetings to all! Harry

Attachments

• SAM_0671.JPG
    SAM_0671.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 30
  • SAM_0673.JPG
    SAM_0673.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 29
  • SAM_0674.JPG
    SAM_0674.JPG
    58.5 KB · Views: 26
I agree and as we are on the subject, is there any more info available on the Mistel warheads and fuzes?
That question is bothering me for years now...
A very nice book, with a wealth of information, is : "Peenemnde West" by Botho Stwe, Bechtle Verlag Esslingen, 1995.(I bought my nice copy of the book from an antiquariat for 19,-Euros) The "Mistel" projects are described in chapter 15, pages 444-472. The best research I have seen, but very,very little on warheads and fuzes. That information can probably only be found in the manufacturers research files. I do not know, which company was responsible for the warheads and fuzes. I would expect Rheinmetall, but I don't know.
Regards,
Bellifortis.