What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Shell case paint markings

thekees

I want to show a few markings with ink, or paint placed on German Shell cases. The first one is a 15 cm L/45 case, marked with LG, Leught Granate. The case is also additional marked with TRI.RP, a special charge for starshells. Who has more of these kind of markings, and want to show them here on BOCN?

Attachments

• 17cm 001.jpg
    17cm 001.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 73
This one is a 40,6 cm shell case. Marked with the weight of the charge. And a red cross. Do not know the meaning of the red cross, so any help will be helpfull!

Attachments

• inkt 007.jpg
    inkt 007.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 59
This is a related one, powder bags coming from the KWK43 charge, nicely marked.

Attachments

• inkt 005.jpg
    inkt 005.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 40
W 3,7 pak shellcasings, marked with Pzrgr.

Attachments

• bodempak37.jpg
    bodempak37.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 46
This one is of a 15 cm L/45 case, WW1, North sea find. The number and date of the charge is clearely visable, will not clean this case, because of the number. Not a perfect case, but has the real look :)

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    15.8 KB · Views: 49
And always like the KWK 43 markings. By turning the case upside down, i found it marked as KWK42, anyone seen this before?

Attachments

• inktkwk43.jpg
    inktkwk43.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 54
I have a KWK 43 case that has the markings stamped in the bottom KWK 42, very rare Ben

W 3,7 pak shellcasings, marked with Pzrgr.

Excellent post Kees.
Some really nice case and very interesting to see the ink markings with the headstamp.

I have added a 3.7cm KwK case.

PC

Attachments

• IMG_4117.jpg
    IMG_4117.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 39
This one is a 40,6 cm shell case. Marked with the weight of the charge. And a red cross. Do not know the meaning of the red cross, so any help will be helpfull!

That ones just awesome, thanks for showing it!!
Dave.

A 3.7cm Pak (t) case which is marked for a Pzgr 37 umg projectile.

If anyone can help please. What does it say the white band is for?

Thanks.
PC

Attachments

• IMG_4071.jpg
    IMG_4071.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 23
  • Copy of 014 (2).jpg
    Copy of 014 (2).jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 19